View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #165
IDon'tKnow

Default Re: LSM vs the Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndPeter View Post
For years we had knowingly compromised what the Lord was speaking within us in order to keep the peace within the “Lord’s Recovery.” Today we are able to follow the Lord's leading in a much simpler way. For example, we recently covered the story of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10. The verse that was emphasized was one that was previously skipped over. The verse is the last one in the story. "Go and you do likewise" (v37). Previously good works had been downplayed & despised. Yes, there is a valid point about works without Christ being of little value. This was, in my understanding, previously used to eliminate works of any kind. However, the Word is clear.
The interpretation of the good samaritan in the recovery definitely bothered me in the lc. It always seemed strange that the Lord would speak a parable to this lawyer for which the emphasis was the need of the lawyer to treated by Christ and taken to the church and then have him say "Go and you do likewise". To me it seemed that if this was the idea the Lord was attempting to convey to the lawyer the more obvious thing for the Lord to say to the lawyer would be "Come follow me". Either way it is good that you are no longer boxed in by any particular interpretation.
IDon'tKnow is offline   Reply With Quote