View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #653
JJ

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
NewManLiving, besides what I have witnessed over the 40+ years since I contacted the LC's, and the many stories I have heard and read from others here on the forums, LC leaders never honored their own pet doctrine of one church one city. In a word, the doctrine is a complete farce used only to justify their incessant condemnations on all other Christians.

It was written in a book TNCCL by Nee. Many Christians back in the 60's were enamored by its idealistic concepts. Lee used their interest to capture their attention. End of story.

Secondly, none of the many storms and divisions in TLR, which Titus Chu aptly used to call "self-destructs," could be justified by that book. On the contrary, that book by Nee condemned Lee for every action he took in those "storms." Anyone who would have read that book in the last quarter century would realize that the whole one church one city teaching was nothing more than a ruse. I know I did, and boy was I shocked.
I'm having a really hard time with throwing out "one church one city", as I see that is what the first generation of apostles established. I just don't think it has been practiced with the spirit of love and safeguards on apostles who fall in love with themselves and desire to lord it over the churches as the kings of the nations do.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote