View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #316
Midwest bro

Default Re: Ground of Locality Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I understand that Titus will not be in Cleveland for this conference, and it is really Cleveland elder Paul Neider who is so passionate about all the remaining GLA LC's being restored to their governing "vision" of the ground of locality. Neider was "captured" by this vision in the mid-70's in the church in Mansfield, and seeing his talents, Titus quickly relocated him to Cleveland. To his credit, Paul Neider has always resisted TC's public admonitions to quit his job and serve full-time. I can't begin to count the number of times I have heard Titus make this public plea, using every means available to coerce Neider into submission. It has been a long-standing joke in the GLA about Neider -- "that brother who refused to quit his job." Putting aside my respect for Paul as a highly-regarded elder in the church, it does seem that this conference is a step backward.
Ohio, this is surprising to me. Why would people come to a conference led by PN, and not by TC? PN is an elder in Cleveland (although he lives in a different city - is he one with the Christians there?). He's not a particularly gifted speaker. Is there an interest in hearing him speak about the ground of locality? Aren't the regular saints kind of tired of this topic, since it has so obviously failed on a large scale?

If they truly wanted to practice their version of the "oneness of the Body," shouldn't they have repented and stayed with the rest of the local churches? When the "Body" excommunicated TC, shouldn't they have agreed with that to "keep the oneness"? I don't understand how they can't see through the hypocrisy. Their version of oneness has failed completely. Why can't they admit that it's a false doctrine to begin with?