View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
PriestlyScribe

Default So, What Torpedoed The Genuine Vital Groups?

Well, I believe that Witness Lee gives us the answer:

''In the church meetings we may live Christ, but do we live Christ in our bedrooms or dining rooms and with our wives, husbands, and children? ...Many saints are very good in the church meetings and in the church service, but at home they may live the life not of a God-man but of a ''scorpion-man,'' exchanging words or quarreling. A certain couple may love the Lord and His recovery. However, at dinner the husband may criticize his wife for her attitude, and she may condemn him for his way of speaking. Then after dinner they attend the meeting of their vital group. But how can these two ''scorpions'' be vital?"

"Because of such a daily situation, in this country it is very difficult to find a genuine vital group." <---THE ANSWER

"According to my observation, in the vital groups I have seen only deadness, not vitality. All the vital members should be God-men, crucified in their natural life to live a God-man life by the divine life within them.''

[Witness Lee - Life Study of First And Second Chronicles - Message 11 - Living Stream Ministry]

The above paragraph could also be summarized by these familiar terms:

"DOMESTIC VIOLENCE"

Because many LSM/LC leaders have ignored God's prerequisite to first "learn how to live Christ at HOME", (Gal 2:20) this has led saints right into the satanic trap of "Corporate Meeting Performance". It eventually became ok and "normal" to live like the devil at home, and then, switch gears and "perform" like a "holy angel" when in the corporate meetings. To the approval of everyone except God?

Dear ones this is NOT the Normal Christian Life! This is none other than DOMESTIC VIOLENCE in all it's forms and variations [emotional, mental, sexual, spiritual, etc]! And history tells us that such a family atmosphere produces children which are very susceptible to the pull of drugs and the world. Seen that problem lately?

So, Pretending to "Live Christ in the Meetings" is probably what Torpedoed The Genuine Vital Groups. Agree?

And since this type of pretense is ongoing, it's inviting God's greater judgment to be poured out upon the LSM/LCs - beginning with the leaders who are guilty of tolerating that which God Hates! (Ezek 8-9)

Wanna see how the LSM Editors "softened" Witness Lee's spoken words in their print version of Message Eleven?

LIVING THE LIFE OF A GOD-MAN IN OUR MARRIED LIFE AND IN THE CHURCH LIFE - [Polished Version]
"...We also need to have a God-man living in the church life, especially in relation to what we call the vital groups. How can we have a vital group if we ourselves are not vital? This is impossible. Suppose at dinner a brother and his wife are not happy with each other. They even exchange words and argue for quite a long time. Suddenly they remember that later that evening they must attend a meeting of their vital group. But how could this couple be vital in the meeting? Because they are not vital at home in their married life, they have no way to be vital in the meeting."

Absent are not only these hard hitting phrases
"scorpion-man", "quarreling",
"criticize his wife for her attitude",
"she may condemn him for his way of speaking",
"how can these two ''scorpions'' be vital?",
but WL's term "Bedrooms" was tossed out as well?
WHY BEDROOMS? <--Click Here for HWMR

It's makes me sad to think how the Bedroom is probably THE spot in our homes where the most deeply damaging forms of Domestic Violence have been inflicted. And by those who claim to be Christians no less!

I feel such tampering with the spoken words of the so-called "Minister of the Age" on the part of LSM is inexcusable. This may call for God's judgment to come upon the editors who have proved themselves to be very unfaithful and untrustworthy scribes! (Jer 8:8-11)

So what would those of you that were around long enough to witness the sinking of the promising "VITAL GROUPS" ship have to say?

P.S.
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not; but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. [2 Cor 4:1-2 ASV] - Our YouTube Channel - OUR WEBSITES - OUR FAVORITE SONG, ''I Abdicate''
PriestlyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote