View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 12:08 PM   #100
awareness

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
No need to apologize, Weighingin. It was actually fitting to my point.

However since Awareness openly acknowledged admiration for Neitzsche, I thought I'd briefly address this topic.

Neitzcsche speaks about the ego or shadow-self. This is his version of the soul. Guys like him don't acknowledge that sin exists. Because of this, they equate sin to the soul (or ego/shadow-self) and teach that the ego is the problem when in reality it's sin.

Essentially what they do is no different then what Nee and Lee did in their teachings of losing your soul-life. And it's the same thing that all gnostics do, claim everything of man (including their soul) is evil.

It's no surprise Neitzsche was a nihilist, or didn't believe in an ultimate meaning and purpose to existence. It's because he waged war against the part of him that is made in God's image. And without God, there's ultimately no purpose to life. All you're left with is fleeting passion, desires, and fleeting man-made movements.

So to go from Nee/Lee to Neitzsche is effectively the abyss staring back at you.
LOL Jo S. But at least Nietzsche went mad. While Lee ended as the MOTA, and created the Blended Brothers to carry on the MOTA's legacy.

In that case, I'll go with crazy before that. Cuz it almost drove me as crazy as Nietzsche went.

But I'm impressed that you know at least something about Nietzsche, other than just his infamous God is dead.

I'm also impressed that Aron got his monster metaphor, in that Lee's local church became the monster they were critical of about all the rest of Christianity.

Thanks Weightinin for the Nietzsche quote. Nietzsche went crazy fighting monsters. Christians give Nietzsche short shrift. But Nietzsche was just as concerned as them about the effects of Modernity ; Christians upon their Biblical faith ; and Nietzsche about the loss of grand mythological systems over all. Cuz modernity was killing God, and all other gods too.