View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #377
Trapped

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
No, it doesn’t, Trapped. In saying that you are omitting Brothers Lee direct statement to the contrary. You are framing an argument without including all that was said in the One Publication document. You are selecting sentences and omitting the rest. We’ve already covered that.

In this discussion we have come full circle. We started here. I was content to let the misunderstanding stand but you urged me back in and I agreed under the assumption that the examination would be mutual... it would be Berean. It’s not happening brother.

Let’s each consider before the Lord how to proceed.

Drake
"all the saints and all the churches everywhere should similarly be restricted in one publication in the Lord’s recovery."

Don't say it doesn't say that!

By all means, bring up the contrary statements. Include the parts I didn't include. Select the sentences I omitted. I can think of a few, although any contrary statements are so heavily dripping with cautionary language or totally contradicted by actual practice that they are next to worthless as any sort of balancing word.

But I can also understand that you may read my statement in my previous post as an overblown hyperbole, since after all, you can sit down in your comfy chair at home with any non-LSM Christian book of your choice, and no co-worker will come knocking down your door to prevent it......so I can surely see why you might balk at the sweeping nature of my assertion. I can do the same thing too, and have this very week! And no one stopped me from doing it.

So I might modify my conclusion to something more like this: "The only common and shared publication that all the saints and all the churches everywhere should be in is the one publication of Nee and Lee."

I think that describes the reality more accurately. It is not that individual saints cannot read whatever they like....because of course they can. It is that a widespread area of the local churches cannot "be in" whatever they like. By rephrasing my conclusion it allows for the small local publications mentioned in the One Pub that exist without issue (which are only songbooks and sheets according to the examples given.......no books even!) as long as they do not gain "larger geographical status", while still keeping the reality of the situation that there should be nothing but Nee/Lee for the local churches as a whole.

Is that a more accurate representation?

Regarding your note about mutuality and a Berean examination, can you give me some examples from our correspondence? Were there areas in our communications where my response was disingenuous? It is more than possible some punchiness bled through as I'm dealing with some other heavy frustrations in my non lcd.com life. I'm open to hear but need some specifics to help me in the future.

Thanks,

Trapped
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote