View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 05:18 AM   #348
Ohio

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
The Collected Works of Witness Lee that just came out (https://www.livingstream.com/cwwl/) are alone themselves a little over approximately 20 linear feet, or so I hear. I am not talking about that collection alone. I am talking about all the publications with Nee or Lee's name on them. I understand there is overlap (content in CWWL is found in other books) but I am talking about all the publications. All the repeated "new" versions of old versions that just have a new cover with ambiguous colors and blurry objects rather than the monotone cover of the past. All the HWMR that are pulled from the other books. All the hymnals. All the Bibles. All the various sets. Truth Lessons, Life Lessons, Twelve Baskets Full, Life-studies, Crystallization-Studies, Collected Works, New Believers' Series, Conclusions of the NT, Elders' Trainings, and all the individual books in between, etc.... i.e. all the publications.

Bookcases worth. I see it repeatedly in the saints' homes. It's way more than a combined 20 linear feet.
Many messages were firstly outlines, then meeting notes and handouts, then loose Life Study form, then soft bound Life Study, then hardbound Green Volume Life Study. Multiply that by two when some members married. Old-timers, those loyal ones who could afford the "Standing Order," literally had 4 or more sets of printed messages from the same spoken message. Add to that the way LSM editors could expand each spoken message into 2 or more printed messages by adding in footnotes etc., and you get lots of fluff.

When my sewers backed up after a monster storm in 2007, it was my boxes of Ministry books on the basement floor that took the brunt of it. Was that sovereign of the Lord?

Last edited by Ohio; 01-24-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote