View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #338
Ohio

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
The One Publication is all about what is fellowshipped in the meetings of the various local churches and also at "the seven feasts" and various conferences. (I am mainly speaking about North America, but since the One Publication edict was put out by the Blended Brothers (the official leadership of the Local Church of Witness Lee) then I believe it applies world-wide.
We should note that the official printing of the One Publication article on afaithfulword dot com (now removed) in the early 2000's laid some of the preliminary groundwork for the subsequent excommunication of Midwest and Brazil co-workers.

In effect, it was a "trumpet" call, and built a border "wall," sending out the unmistakable "signal" that all workers, elders, and LC's must eventually choose sides. This was definitely how all the Midwest brothers interpreted it. Subsequent letters and pamphlets from LSM proved our initial conclusions.

Hence this One Publication edict was extremely divisive, erecting extra-biblical barriers between the saints, and forcing all the saints to choose sides for the nasty fight which was to come.

This One Publication edict had nothing to do with LSM's mission statement to publish certain books. All of Drake's posts on this topic are thus disingenuous, providing misleading information on this form.