View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 10:37 PM   #329
Trapped

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
You should try it sometime but I'll give you fair warning... were you to make a habit out of it this forum will beat you back like a mangy dog.

By saying the other authors are "not published by LSM" means you do not understand the the term "imprint" as relates to a publisher.

An imprint is a trade name of a publisher but its still published by the publisher.

"An imprint of a publisher is a trade name under which it publishes a work. A single publishing company may have multiple imprints, often using the different names as brands to market works to various demographic consumer segments.[1] Wikipedia

In this case Affirmation & Critique is an imprint of LSM. One cannot say LSM is not the publisher of its imprints. You could say that LSM segments the market and publishes under different imprints to reach said market.... that is, publications produced that are fit for purpose. But it cannot be said that a publisher that publishes its imprints is not the publisher of its imprints. That is not logical and is not based on fact and is a distinction without difference.

McDonough is published by LSM, Ministry Magazine is published by LSM, .... and not just print but video and audio are also produced by LSM. Not as some claim that "speakings and writings of Witness Lee (and a scant little of Nee where it proof texts and confirms Lee)". As we speak I am staring at a 62 Volume Set by Watchman Nee published by LSM. Hardly "scant little" so the whole argument to cast LSM as exclusively publishing one author and imposing those writings on local churches is a misunderstanding at best.

Drake

Ah, sorry, I must have skipped over the portion in the Bible that talks about imprints and it's relevance to........oh, nothing.

Drake, the recent Collected Works of Witness Lee alone is 136 volumes. If we assume each volume is 1 inch wide, that is over 11 LINEAR FEET and I believe it's actually quite a bit more than that. Add in all of the rest of Lee's books (and throw in Nee's, too, he's got Lee standing on his shoulders so they are inseparable as far as I'm concerned), and you have the multiple BOOKCASES worth (100? 120? 150 linear feet? I think that is conservative) of Nee/Lee's repertoire found in many saints' homes. Tell me how significant the, shall we be generous, 8 inches (? willing to be corrected here) of McDonough or JPL or Aff Crit are in comparison. They are not a talking point here, sorry. How many HWMR have quotes from McDonough in them? Have you ever heard someone refer to passages from "the ministry" and you turn around and see they actually have a JPL book in their hand?

Your option 1 "trumpeting" these insignificant number of other authors as a percentage of LSM's publication just isn't relevant. They are a sneeze, an afterthought, a tiny sliver and are not part of the "practical expression" (to borrow another meaningless phrase) of the one publication that is absolutely dominated by Nee/Lee.

Your option 2 suggesting there are 2, 3, 4 publication works is not supported by "the One Publication" itself and doesn't go anywhere.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote