View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #56
aron

Default Re: The God who died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus4Me View Post
Incidentally, the use of Genesis 6th as referring to fallen angels is not of the truth. I can understand how false teachings can come in and corrupt the plain reading of it, but God did not judge the world because of mixed hybrids coming out of fallen angels and daughters of men; it was because of every thought & intent of their hearts was wickedness.

And that was what God had destroyed; it did not mentioned the fallen angels at all that supposedly was read into the texts as reproducing hybrids.

So who were the sons of God? The descendents of Seth that had replaced Abel from whom Israel is the family tree springing from. Israel were considered as the sons of God as well. It was by marrying outside the line of Seth's family line that the godly followers were reproducing giants & men of renown in the earth, but they were still just men..
Okay, granting all your points (I think), it still says that "God didn't spare angels who sinned, and left their allotted posts (as servants)..." So deny Genesis 6 as pertaining to angels, but the point remains. Satan fell, humankind fell, and "one third of the stars" also fell. You can put the pieces to gether however you want. They are still there.

We are all under God's authority. Obedience is paramount. Doesn't matter if you are Gabriel, who stands before God's throne (Luke 1:19, cf Rev 8:2), or if you are "little nobody". Everyone's place is allotted. Serve God in trembling and fear. It is not about angels (or anything else). The moral of the story is obedience.

Jesus is the true obedient Son. He alone is the Lamb of God, spotless and pure. We the sinners see Him (by faith, and yes revealed by the Holy Ghost) and live. It is about obedience - Jesus' obedience. Even to death He was obedient.