View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #172
Freedom

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL@donnali.com
So, the question remains ... why? Like someone posted on here, the Lord wasn't interesting in making and selling motorhomes .. period! Hindsight is 20/20. You can concur and speculate all you want about this and that, but the Lord "blew" on it and it failed. Do you really believe that Bro. Lee had ulterior motives? I doubt it. I was in those meetings with Brother Lee and he or any of those brothers never "strongarmed" the sheep to hand over their money for this venture. There was a speaking of an "opportunity" to participate. I think what the saints didn't realize at the time that Daystar was a "business". Even though the majority of workers there were saints ... it wasn't the church. Every brother and sister made a choice to participate in that business. Brother Lee felt bad and repented that the saints lost money. He asked for forgiveness. So, many wouldn't take that repentance and have held on to their anger and resentment all these years. I can't believe this stuff is still floating around on the internet. The man passed in 1997 and he will stand before the Lord and give an account. But I believe the Lord has forgiven him, have you forgiven him?
I think one of the big concerns about Daystar (at least for me) was why bro. Lee involved the churches in the first place. If he wanted a business, fine, he could have secured bank loans or outside investors. Although he had every right to present it as an "investment opportunity" to whoever was interested, by every account, the funding was mostly (entirely?) through saints, and the workers were mostly saints. That was just asking for trouble to being with.

I know that these events happened 40 years ago. Maybe it's not worth discussing that much, but I think a common concern is just the fact that this little chapter in LC history has so much mystery surrounding it. If the information on the internet is wrong, why haven't any LC leaders come forth to attempt to clear things up? I don't think anyone here would be opposed to that. The closest we have to any official account of Daystar is Philip Lin's book Sacrifice and Sail On, where he briefly discusses Daystar. It raises and interesting question, if Daystar is "old news", then why did he bring it up? It seems he has the willingness to provide an alternative narrative, but not discuss things point by point.

I haven't read anything before today of bro. Lee ever publically repenting for Daystar, so that is news to me. Whether he did repent or not, I think the larger issue isn't anyone's unwillingness to forgive him, it's that Daystar was simply a bad decision. Lets face it, everyone had enough respect for Lee that they probably would have been willing to do almost whatever he suggested. Did bro. Lee take advantage of that willingness to put his business idea into motion? It seems to me that he should have stuck to his ministry, things would have worked out much better for everyone.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote