Thread: immuno_oncology
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #32
countmeworthy

Default Re: Immuno_oncology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedel View Post
When I first read your post I decided not to reply immediately. You are in a delicate situation for which you have to look to the Lord only.

I just want to give you solemn encouragement: Don't go cold turkey! I realize you are angry and you feel cheated, especially since your marriage started to suffer. Do not just walk away and expect not to have withdrawal symptoms.

My advice is simple:

1. For now, use the Bible translation you are familiar with. If that happens to be the Recovery Version, stick with it … for now. But use the text-only version. Avoid anything with footnotes. When the time is right you can make a smooth transition to another translation.

2. Do not look for "someone" to replace Witness Lee. You are at your most vulnerable right now. There are many "well-known" people offering spiritual help and advice on TV and in Christian bookstores, but steer clear of the big names, the best-sellers, the miracle workers … for now. Although it might seem difficult, stay with reading only the Bible.

3. Pray. Call on the Lord. Pray-read. For now. Perhaps for a long time. I will pray for you; others will pray for you.

Let the Lord guide you. He will set you free.
Excellent guidance!
Just so you know IMMU, I was raised Catholic. I got saved through the LC saints at age 21. After I left, I visited several non denomination churches..some pentecostals where the emphasis was on speaking in tongues. I did not like being pressured. I did not like them telling me to 'get baptized in the Holy Spirit' when I already knew I was baptized in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and ALL of GOD was living in me and they knew it! But I did not pray/speak in tongues. (I do a little now because IF it's from GOD, I want that gift!)

I don't go to 'church' anymore. But God has blessed me with some real friends in Christ. Some I knew before I got saved and led to the Lord. Others just came my way via His Spirit.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote