View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #86
awareness

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Brother Lee shared on this matter that just because we are in the Lords Recovery does not mean we will be an overcomer.
Well at least he talked the talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
If we are not aware of the Lords call to overcomers then we might miss it . . .
I don't know. The little old lady sitting on the back pew, that knows nothing about overcomers, may be an overcomer. I think it may have more to do with our hearts, than what we know or do.

Quote:
If I become introspective I assess that I am very far from it.
Well you seem to qualify in the humility department. It might even get you closer if you be like Paul, and brag about that ...

Quote:
However, when I am enjoying the Lord , caught up in His presence, then I realize that my responsibility is to pursue Christ and hope and pray that one day I will be counted worthy to obtain a crown or a white stone with a special name or some other reward. All symbolically significant.
When I'm caught up in the presence then I don't need to pursue anything. Why get distracted? As long as we're seeking we're not finding. The end of all our fruitless seeking is found in the presence. That culminates all our finding. Don't you agree? {rhetorical}

Quote:
Brother Lee spent more time critiquing the Lords Recovery than he did Christianity. Nothing wrong with that, rather that was a good thing. He really cared giving us lessons, laboring over them, and putting them into practice.
When I was there the most disturbing thing was discovering that Lee's practice wasn't living up to his teachings. At first I shelved every instance I came across, but it added up along the way.

But now that Lee is gone that no longer matters. Unless Lee has become the touchstone in the local churches.

I can't say. I'm not there. You would know better than me ... at least how it is in your locality.

And thanks to you for sharing some deep thoughts on the matter of overcoming. May the Lord bless us with it. But I want him to bless everyone with it ... even the babes in Christ. It's my only hope.