View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #33
Ohio

Default Re: The Church in Sardis prefigures the Protestant Reformation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Try as some (just Ohio I think ) might, to claim that I use some sort of fallacy to explain the term heresy, the fact is I have only used the Bible and the Bible alone to define the term.

The way the Bible defines heresy is I believe the way God defines heresy, and not as man has defined heresy (in relation to man-made Creeds, Confessions etc).
You did not use the Bible to define heresy, you used word etymology to define it. This is what you said in your post:
Quote:
Common sense tells us that if God is true, never changing, and if absolute truth exists, then heresy cannot be a relative thing, there must be an absolute definition of heresy, and I will show that the bible provides an absolute definition of the word in two verses:

Galatians 5:19-21a says, "And the works of the flesh are manifest, which are fornication, uncleanness, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, angers, faction, divisions, parties, envyings, drunkenness, carousings..." The Greek word for "parties" is hairesis which literally means heresies, and means various schools of opinions, or sects.

Titus 3:10 uses the same word hairesis meaning factious man, or one who is inclined to dissension.
Since you got caught in error by my post, you altered your definition to include your exclusive and errant etymological definition of heresy with the prevailing orthodox definition of heresy.

This is such a common ploy of LSM -- once exposed as being outside of the mainstream, they quickly attempt to attach themselves to orthodox Christianity, which they otherwise regularly condemn.

Folks, I have watched LSM do this for 40 years.