View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 04:19 PM   #367
aron

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Well let's explore your slanderous comparison for a moment. If a crack dealer gave away as much as you wanted for free and did not charge you a nickel ever for it then what would make you think that the crack dealer was out to make money?...the business strategy of LOSS Leader does not apply when its all available for free.
Oh, they're giving away the "Collected Works" for free? Okay, I'm willing to reconsider my 'slander'.

And yes I know it's called a "loss leader". I didn't do the spell check, so you did it for me. Thanks for paying attention.

I was in a meeting once in the mid-'90s, and one of the soon-to-be-blendeds told us with some evident satisfaction how much of his disposable income the LSM was taking, from buying books (many to give away to "contacts" and "new ones") to "the Lord's move to Europe" to his local assembly. He was quite specific with the percentages, and clearly was holding himself forth as "a pattern to be followed in the church".

Those few free tracts are supposed to pave the way to a lifetime of voluntary servitude. If you thought the crack dealer adage was too much, how about the JW's - they stand there, next to their cardboard kiosks, handing out their version of the One Publication. So selfless of them! Take a Watch Tower for free.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e (Quote: "For publication downloads, please visit 'jw.org'.")

So free tracts and ministry excerpts are supposed to signal enlightened beneficence? How completely clueless do you suppose the general public is, out there? It's not 1971 anymore. Sorry.