View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #240
Freedom

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to The Eastern Orthodox Church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Is this the kind of unity that people on this forum keep telling me exists between denominations?

But some evangelical hard-liners weren’t buying it. They seized on, for example, the Orthodox Christian traditions of asking saints to intercede with God and using icons, or holy images, of Christ, Mary and the saints for meditation and learning.

Perhaps if he had joined the local churches instead of Orthodox he would not have gotten this sort of backlash.
I don't see the problem with the backlash against Hank's sudden change. There is no reason why all his listeners should have to treat his conversion to EO like it's not a big deal.

The issue here isn't simply that he converted to EO - that itself is his own choice. If he wants to take that path, he has every right to do so, and I wish him well in his journey. The real issue, however, is that he continues to head an evangelical apologetics organization. It seems he wishes to keep a foot in both camps, even though there are fundamental principles that are contradictory.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote