View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #83
countmeworthy

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Dear cmw,

I like to avoid absolute statements like "It never was about true growth and maturity in Christ." Function based on growth and maturity were often manifested in many local churches. But over time a "totem pole" (to use your term) began to be erected. The glorious mystery of the functioning Body of Christ began to be replaced by a system with a leadership structure and organizational set of goals. It has become very similar to the mega church movement where some gifted leaders seek to organize and package God's work on the earth.
Hope
I recant and apologize for not clarifying my thoughts. I ought to have been more careful when I wrote that statement.

I was generalizing the LSM institution as a whole. In my 'locality', the elders in San Diego were mature in Christ & in the Word of God...not merely in the ways of the LC under Lee's ministry. Obviously, you and many others were/are in a position of authority and are mature in Christ.

I'm sure there were many, many qualified Shepherds in the LC throughout the U.S. and abroad. Same thing with Christians who are not in 'leadership'. There are many mature, strong, steadfast. And there are many carnal, weak and lukewarm.

I was focusing on the big picture. Sorry.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote