View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #457
aron

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChristAlone View Post
That was my would-be wife's answer many years ago when I asked her about her church. At our first conversation about her faith, she never mentioned the Local Church or Witness Lee. She just said, "We are just Christians". That time, it sounded safe and calming. But it must be an alert..
Once you are in, you get the special revelation: "We're just Christians, but..." I was told that Christians had justification, but in the LC they got sanctification. So they made me feel special, at first. They propped up my feelings with "warm fuzzies"... and repeatedly manufactured states of exaltation by shouting, screaming, arm-waving, jumping up and down. In my case, I was several years immersed in all this, when I realized that there was no love. For example, Paul had taught that he remembered the poor ("which very thing I was eager to do" - Gal 2:10) but the FTTA trainers taught us to go after the young, affluent college students. "Good building material" they called it. A trainee who showed any heart for the poor was publicly admonished: "don't waste your time."

It turns out that Nee and Lee were scrupulous to follow the Bible except where it conflicted with their fallen human culture. Then they dropped it like it was a hot coal. By the time many realize what they're dealing with, they're already in the LC system, with relationships, job, housing, etc. In my case I was sitting in a meeting of the FTTA, when the light began to shine. It was another 2 years before I got out. Also, members are continually told that there is nothing for them outside the Local Church group. Everything else is hopelessly corrupt. So they have nowhere to go. They feel that there is no exit. In this the EL and the LC are quite similar.