View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #405
HERn

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
But we can now clearly see that the "vision" is just an illusion. So, I guess it holds true then. That, there's none so blind as those that refuse to see.

Like the brother now in the Church in Miami, that Kevin (another ex-LCer) and I spoke to on cell phones. We tried to share what we had learned on LC forums but he stopped us short and said, "I don't want to hear anything negative about Witness Lee! Even if it's true!"

But I know why he stays in. He's an alcoholic, and is a very broken, or messed up, brother. His mental disorders allows him to buy into the illusion of the vision. His out of whack brain is not necessary.

But there must also be other reasons that keep people in the LC, besides those staying for the perks of leadership. Maybe, for example, lack of education. Or maybe indoctrination from a Christian upbringing, that clouds their vision from seeing thru the illusionary "Vision." Or maybe lack of critical thinking. That would do it. In other words, they are mentally trapped, for some reason(s). And that's sad for them. Obviously they are in need of intervention, and deprogramming.
For some in some localities, I think, there is some fellowship of the Spirit, some care for human needs, some friendships where the dear saints mostly ignore the BS from the blinding brothers and take care of one another.