View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #309
HERn

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

I recently received an email from a dear LC brother (not a leading one but was recruited into the recovery by Max R.) apologizing for anything that he might have said that caused me enter into death (his words) and begging us to return to the church life where the genuine expression of God exists. I've copied my two responses. The second was an attempt to soften the first.

"Hi brother x! It is so good to hear from you, and yes we love you and your family. You have nothing to ask forgiveness for!! But, for the sake of your weak conscience I forgive you for any and every sin you may have committed (although I know of none). And if that is not enough I proclaim your absolution from every sin through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ! Now tell satan to go to hell (he is after all a lord of only the dirty flies)!

Our break with LSM controlled churches was the sovereignty of God and has nothing to do with you and was very hard to go through considering all the dear saints. For our emotional health and to prevent communicating negative things we kept secluded. We are very happy and feel the Lord's love and approval as we meet with the dear saints in X Church, this is our home. We have no interest in returning to the LSM controlled local churches. X is doing excellent, X is happy to be out of the local churches and I'm learning to love and fellowship with brothers who are not infected with the pride and arrogance of knowing the so-called high peak truths. I have come to believe that there is only one oracle of God and that is Christ Jesus, and only one minister of the age and that is the apostle Paul, and one New Testament ministry which is contained solely in the bible. So where does that leave Nee and Lee? They are dear brothers who have have helped many to love Jesus, they are not on the level of Paul, and not even of Luther. Where does that leave the blended brothers? They are the ones that encourage the saints to use the writings of Lee to evaluate the bible, rather than using the bible to evaluate the writings of Nee and Lee. Where does that leave the dear local elders? I am afraid that some are pointing the dear seeking ones to a man and his writings, rather than to the Lord Jesus and His person.

I imagine that my response disappoints you, but I have a clear conscience and the assurance that the Father is pleased. Now as to the local church superstition that bad things happen to those who leave the recovery so far we have not been hit by a car, lightening, depression, or financial collapse, and contrary to the false teaching of x we are still going on with the Lord, loving His people, worshipping His person, enjoying His word and being sanctified by His Spirit. I recommend that you take a look at www.localchurchdiscussions.com if your conscience will allow.

with love from your non-LSM-LC brother,"

My second response a few days later.

"I realize that my last note was probably a shocker for you and was pretty strident so I wanted to make sure you know that I still value our friendship. I could probably count on one hand the men in the recovery that I would want to remain friends with and you would be number one on that list! But, I'm ok with any feeling you might have to stay away from me! I've been through the grieving process of leaving the recovery and am making new friends with other christian bothers that I believe are as genuine people and lovers of Jesus as you are. Outside of x you're the only one that knows how X and I feel. I emphasize X and I because there are rumors that I've forced X to take a way she didn't want to take. We are 100% in agreement and our marriage is doing even better since we left. There have been some brothers who tried to come between me and my wife who I believe were unknowingly being used by satan. Have you ever noticed how many screwed up marriages and families exist in the recovery? Some of the leading brothers are absolutely crazy! They equate a spouse's leaving the recovery on the same level as renouncing our christian faith and a justifiable cause for a wife to separate from her husband. I better stop here before I start preaching!! Have you read anything on www.localchurchdiscussions,com yet?

Take care, thanks for being a friend and enjoy the time in the x.

You ex-recovery friend,"
HERn is offline   Reply With Quote