View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #145
Dave

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cox View Post
I'm just recently checking back with the forum after a long absence. I didn't really have time to read all the responses on this thread, so forgive me if I repeat anything that was already said.

You will be led of the Lord as to what to keep and what to throw out. Everybody is different. My keeps and throws can't possibly be the same as yours. My initial experience of coming out made EVERYTHING about the Local Church repulsive to me. After all, when you know what you see, and you know what the Lord is doing in your life but you've got everybody around you trying to make you think you are either a basket case, or just crazy then...

Your keeps and throws will change over time. I have come to really appreciate our heritage from Watchman Nee, and yes, even Witness Lee. We were taught many things that have kept us. Even though Lee was mostly doctrine and turned out to be far removed from much of his message he taught us, the truth is nevertheless the truth.

Don't worry about it right now. My advise to you would be to find either a thriving home meeting, or a nondenominational bible based church, and run with it. The Lord will grace you along the way and he will not strike you dead if you do something wrong.

Much grace to you. My heart is with you.
I generally disagree with most of what you said but this is a world where everyone has an opinion to include mine. You can't undermine how people f e e l about what happened to them under WL..it is real to them... As far as I am concerned Lee taught another gospel and not the gospel of JC.

Your advice for what to do may work for some people but not all...it is not a catch all. There are many avenues but most important, each of us needs to regain our identity as to who we are and what we want in life. Without that we can be led into another WL/WN fiasco.