View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #6
aron

Default Re: Attempting to think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Muno View Post
And thus, I have not found any reason that I should need a God to make my philosophy self-consistent.
Of course I disagree. I needed God. Otherwise my universe was cold and empty and meaningless. But I take responsibility for my decision, don't presume that it is de facto objective truth which must then be imposed on the world to make it real and good.

God is not a philosophical tenet for me. God is rather the Starwarsian "force" that which is in all and which upholds all. God is the electromagnetic strong/weak force which holds every electron in orbital shell. God is that which is, including the Big Bang and the Second Law of Thermodynamics. God is indeed our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. And Jesus showed me God, in more glory and beauty than I could have ever imagined. Grace came; grace upon grace. . . Love and truth and peace outpoured into a small, weak, fragile, undeserving and temporal human vessel.

Paul wrote, "To me, to live is Christ". To someone else, to live may be something or someone else: their job or kids or hobby; maybe some philosophy. Art. I'm kool with that. My reality isn't threatened by that of others. The universe is obviously variegated. Why did Witness Lee think that it all somehow had to look, think, and speak like him? What unresolved fear lurked, there?

And I can relate to the existentialist doubts, and the distant, silent God who refuses to quell them. It's part of the journey of life. After leaving the immersive LC experience, I also let go of God, and my faith. Eventually I began to move back, but on different terms. Terms that I was comfortable with, and still am, years later. No crises necessary. The LC group manufactures crisis, to get the prospective convert to have a kind of jolt of vapor, or shifted consciousness. Why do you think they shout slogans in the meetings? To cause mental dissociation, and emotional crisis; to make the mark open to suggestions that would otherwise be recognized as inherently illogical.