View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #34
bearbear

Default Re: Living with an LC spouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Right, and the strange thing is that even Christians who believe exactly this, still have the same problems as everybody else.
I can see where you are coming from because I recently watched an episode of Kitchen Nightmares on Amy's Baking Company:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLdkvEziZUc

Chef Amy makes her faith known to the viewers. However, although it's evident that she identifies as a Christian, she obviously has problems living out Jesus' teachings on forgiving others and loving your enemies. Instead of directing her worship and affections on to Jesus, she is diverting it to things that can't satisfy her (success in running a restaurant) and then hijacking her faith as a means to help and justify her misdirected goals. If this is the type of Christian you are exposed to on a daily basis then I can't fault you. But I know from personal experience that there are Christians out there who do have the love of Jesus and glorify God by hosting the love of God and His presence in their hearts.

What I had in mind was if everyone on earth loved Jesus like my Grandma. She's my role model and a person I know who loves Jesus and others in humility dearly. She's been through many terrible things in her life, but her relationship with Jesus has always carried her through every storm.

Of course we'll all be in different life stages / maturity so many of us including myself still struggle to live out God's word and to love our enemies, so we will still have issues to work on but God will be there to help us if we are willing.

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.