View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #17
bearbear

Default Re: Living with an LC spouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
I'm not suggesting that people jump out of marriage because they are suffering. I'm just noting what everybody knows already: that they are free to do so. If people choose to stay because they care for their partner even though they themselves are suffering, well then, that's their choice. I believe in a God of compassion, so I wouldn't stay for God's sake because I don't think God would want me to.
My aunt was in an unhappy marriage and on the edge of divorce. Both probably would have ended it had they not been Christians. However God led them to a healthy church after leaving the LCs and their marriage was saved after both my aunt and uncle were transformed by Gods love. I noticed the change in their relationship and after I left the LCs I decided to give their church a try seeing how much they grew to love Jesus and their growth in humility. They've long been small group leaders since then and have helped to transform many other lives through the love of God.

The thing is we don't know the future but God does. If we base our decisions on our feelings we could be shortchanging ourselves. So we trust in God and lean not on our own understanding and He will make our paths straight. (Prov 3:5-6)