View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #52
OBW

Default Re: My Testimony: expressing God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olvin View Post

Igzy has said it correctly. There is definite requirement to act. Even clearly stated in the NT. Even after the resurrection.

Olvin: OBW, Igzy, I hope you brothers are just ignorant not unrighteous in your fellowship. You misrepresent my words because you don't want to deal with the uncomplicated truth in them; and I understand that. Man has a hard time admitting he is wrong, most cannot even concede to making a mistake. It is pride that goes before the fall. You cannot find one instance in ALL my endeavoring to fellowship with you where I suggested that we should not "act" in the sense of taking action, or being doers. Jesus called the religious ones "actors on the stage of life". Do you expect anyone who reads this to take you
seriously when you play with the truth like some sport, just something to win at?
You used the term "act like" in the sense of performance when quoting C.S.Lewis because you know thats the way I referred to it. You pretend to be so concerned about meaning then hide from my OBVIOUS meaning. You accused me of using the word - charACTOR in a "mocking way. Anyone seeing this word would not think I - we - were referring to someone DOING goods works. AND this is mocking: You would spell that trACTOR.
I stated that Jesus NEVER told us to "act" but to deny ourselves and take up our cross and follow Him. Now it be would clear to most, even most young christians that following the Lord is tantamount to WWJD. That's: what would Jesus do, the operative word being do.
I hope that others reading this post would go back and read from the beginning
to see how you- Igzy- are an evader of the truth. You say a lot, with very little scripture to back what you say. It will be impossible for you to every help anyone spiritually, or see any more spiritually until you forgive. But you will argue that with simply truth also. So in the meantime, before you try to get the splinter out of your brother's eye...
I can't speak for Igzy, but wrapping me into a group that has allegedly mocked you by saying things like "charACTOR," etc., just is not true. I believe that I have restricted my speaking to my understanding of the teachings we have been given through Lee, and my understanding of those in the context of a different view.

My intent is that we would all be constantly reviewing our understanding of things. Not because I think it is all wrong, but that to the extent that we are settled, we are not open to the realization that we could be wrong. I have been wrong. And at this point I think that there are some things that I am holding to that I am beginning to feel a little uncertain about. Like a rug is getting pulled out from under me. But I am less concerned about that than I was 30 years ago. I have come to realize that a whole lot of what we think of as truth is extrapolations and is not actually provided as important truth (if it is true at all).

I am not necessarily an ambassador for my positions. Rather for a way of thinking that reduces the cause for disagreement. My positions may not currently be your positions. But I am less concerned about that than I am that we realize that our positions are too often not really important. I only fight with the positions that I cannot find support for and that are held by its adherents in a "my way of the highway" kind of position. And, unfortunately, that is the general position of Lee and the churches that follow him (dead or alive). It is difficult to have fellowship with people who go back to their little group and refer to you as mooing cows. And it is difficult to deal with people who seem to see their way out of it, but bring virtually everything about it with them. That is like a Lee-less Local Church. Same underpinning, just don't like the person of Lee. Or his big bullies (the blended brothers).

On that last one, maybe what we need for them is a really large, industrial-strength blender. That would fix it all.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote