View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
aron

Default A sample from the BARM

For those who are curious to find a "people's history" of the Local Churches of Lee, i.e. not polished messages by the publishing arm of the movement but real testimonies from the ones who sat in the chairs, there was a fairly active forum on a web site located in the Philippines.

http://www.thebereans.net/forum2/showthread.php?t=34621

The web site was called "The Bereans Apologetics Research Ministry" and one of their designated "cults" was the Watchman Nee/Witness Lee/Lord's Recovery churches. I never could understand all the "modalist" stuff the BARM administrators kept trying to impose on the conversation. I felt the website administrators were a rather heavy-handed and humorless bunch, and the threads featured the occasional "drive-by shooting" in Filipino. But it could be an interesting and occasionally enlightening bit of reading.

And the "Introduction and testimonies" thread had some really riveting stuff. I offer a couple of my favorites, to follow. Of course I am biased. But in the pages and pages of testimonies (41 in total), I think you can get a composite picture of what it could be like in the local churches of Lee, when love-bombing inevitably turned to carpet-bombing.