View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #96
aron

Default Re: The Mormon Church is "The Church"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
[B]How is it "hate-mongering" to warn others about the dangers of LSM? These ones come to this forum after an internet search and ask questions. Do not ex-members have a responsibility to warn others?

Where was Drake when Lee and sons damaged so many trusting saints? Where was Drake when Phillip Lee was molesting the sisters who volunteered at LSM? Where was Drake when the saints' life savings were wiped out by investing in the Daystar motor home boondoggle? Is not the top priority of every real shepherd to protect the church of God? Why has Drake made it his life's mission to protect a ministry which damages people in the name of God?

Instead of threatening the forum shepherds with biblical judgments, Drake should read about the biblical warnings about evil shepherds.
Seems as if Drake is being a tad subjective: forum posters are "wallowing in the gutter" and "hate-mongering" and indulging in "slander" and are due for divine justice, but Lee & Company were and are "proper" and "frank" and "honest" and so forth. And these assertions are made on what basis, what criteria? Well, evidently that he wishes it were so.

The Mormon Church, like the Jehovah's Witnesses & the Local Church of the Living Stream Ministry, are all interested in Jesus Christ, but only as a springboard to their proprietary "recovered truth" in which they pin the unwary.

We've here noted the failure in the LC teachings and the harm done to many of the adherents. I for one apologize if my tone isn't very nice. I wish there were a way to make the case more pleasantly. Certainly some have done better than I. But the case still should be made.