Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #51
TLFisher

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
If immoral, then why did they as leading elders not take action for over a year or two? Why did it take a rambunctious crowd to spin out of control to incite the elders to take action shortly after?

This forum asks probing questions about why Witness Lee didnt take his son out back behind the barn and shoot him....in a manner of speaking. How about factoring in what Brother John actually said since he is being quoted extensively. What did he say that indicates he thought this was criminal behavior? You may think it was but did he?

Drake
How many times did the brothers go to Witness Lee? 12? 13? In my opinion they were looking to Witness Lee to do what was right and just. Longer it went on, the less patience many meeting as the Church in Anaheim had.
Speaking of John in particular when it came to the "fake news" of John being ambitious and "wanting to take over the recovery", by that time he had been a co-worker for more than 25 years. having served alongside him for all those years certainly there was a measure of respecting Witness Lee as a fellow brother and knowing the love a father has for his children. That he would defer to Witness Lee to do the right thing.
Regarding Witness lee, many viewed him as my serving ones taught me that Witness Lee is a modern day apostle Paul.
When you place a brother on such a pedestal, certainly you expect his actions to be in accord to his ministry.