View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #120
Cal

Default Re: The Experience of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
But really bro Ohio what good has come out of experiencing Christ in the local church? Where's the fruit?
Well, I would say one of the things is Ohio himself. I would say all the believers who genuinely love the Lord are fruit. Their experience in the LCM of Christ stamped in them an indelible desire for a deep relationship with the Lord. Many have gone different ways but continue to be faithful. Yes, the LCM system damaged them and many. But the genuine experience of Christ was not a product of the LCM system. It was a product of the Spirit and still is.

Sometimes this board reminds me of the French Revolution. Surely the French aristocracy and monarchy were corrupt. But the rabid desire for revenge left the guillotines exhausted and the street of France running red with blood. Many of the executed were simply unfortunate victims of the revolutionary fervor. 40,000 died without trial or waiting for trial. Yet the revolutionaries thought they were just.

Obviously that's an extreme example of the vengeful backlash of being wronged, but let's not repeat the principle.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote