View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #73
ABrotherinFaith

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Well I used the search terms "Witness Lee" or "Local Church" because these are the terms which UntoHim suggested college kids might use:

And since college kids are generally fully immersed in this "google age" we live in, when they google "Witness Lee" or "Local Church" they will probably shy away from attending any Christians on Campus event.

It might help if you read a little further down before jumping right in. It would save you some embarrassment.

You also claimed that a search like "Local church controversy" is "much more realistic and focused". I disagree that looking for controversy is the first thing a college kid or any reasonable person would do if they had never heard of the local church or Witness Lee before. UntoHim's search terms are more realistic. Still, if I google "local church controversy", it returns wikipedia links that my searches also returned (students can read about controversies from the wikipedia pages I referred to in my previous post), the contendingforthefaith.org website turns up which refutes much of the negativity, and clicking "next" a few times still does not return a hit for this forum where a college kid might be saved from the "LC cult".

The third top hit for your search term is "Dr. J. Gordon Melton— An Open Letter Concerning the Local Church, Witness Lee and “The God-Men” Controversy" - are you really considering this to be "a lot of not so favorable results"? A college kid might read this by expert Melton "Director of the Institute for the Study of American Religion" and conclude in favor of the local churches.
Embarrassment? Do you feel embarrassment when you say things that make sense? I do not, and the false care in your snide remark betrays an insecurity that must be growing within you as you read more here...

Once again, you don't understand how the internet works. I admitted that someone might start with the general search terms that you quoted from UntoHim. But those are just a start, as I said before. Not everyone searches like you do, thankfully. Websites have links to related topics. You don't have to go back to Google and click next (which would just give you more related to your initial search, and the further you go by clicking next the more tenuous the relation is...though I suspect you know this). Links open up worlds that initial/broad Google searches never show.

Your response is a perfect example of the type of deception practiced the the LC and CoC.

Be a little creative in your search. You might actually find things. You don't seem to be too internet savvy, and I'd argue even if people had never heard of Witness Lee or the LC or CoC, negative information is not hard to find.

Your naive reply reminds me of why people (usually older though not always) get caught doing things online. They don't understand how connected things are, how nothing is ever more than a few clicks away. And they can't imagine how anyone would be able to find them.
ABrotherinFaith is offline   Reply With Quote