View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #19
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Testimony of Terry

Receiving is not just something we say - it is actually something we do. It's easy and very spiritual sounding for one Christian or Christian group to say they receive others, but the proof is in our actions. This is where Witness Lee and now his followers have failed miserably. It is a disingenuous cop out to use the excuse of "we receive them but cannot participate in denominations" (paraphrase) "We cannot participate" really means "we are better then you and don't want to be defiled by you". This is the real attitude behind all the "spiritual talk" of the Local Church and their actions have confirmed this for years.

Also, when Witness Lee said "receive" it was a one way street - what he really meant was "if you agree with me then I will receive you, if you don't agree with me and what I teach then I will not receive you, and in fact I will disrespect and insult you". This was the real attitude, and again, it was confirmed by actions. Sorry, but for Witness Lee to make some nebulous "apology to the body of Christ" at the end of his life, and in a different language and in a different country then where the majority of the offenses took place, simply does not cut it.

Obviously I feel very strong about this and I apologize to Terry for posting this here.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote