View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: The Church in Sardis prefigures the Protestant Reformation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Since I am leaning towards to the reformed faith, it is expected I will be receiving feedbacks from LCers to point that the reformation is nothing less but a Christless sector of Christianity. How do you respond to such a mindset belief? Are they saying that Calvinists and Protestants only have the appearance of being religious but are actually dead on the inside? I don't think John Piper and Paul Washer are dead men. I am actually not sure exactly which of these characteristics it might apply to the Protestant Reformation or to Calvinism.
The LCers are also products of the Reformation. How convenient for them to criticize all their brothers and sisters as "Christless." Have they met them all to make that determination?

Do they really think only LSM/LCers have Christ. How could any one with a sound, sober, and renewed mind of Christ actually believe that? Did the LSM/LC "have Christ" when they filed all those lawsuits and excommunicated all those former elders and co-workers? How about when Philip Lee ran the LSM Office and was molesting the volunteer female staffers?

Do you really think the Lord Jesus Christ purposely avoided every child of God outside the LC because they all had the wrong name on their church building?

Do you really think the Lord Jesus Christ remained with every LSM/LCer (despite their sins) because they had the right name on their church building?