View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #13
Oregon

Default Re: History by Don Rutledge

I want to publicly thank Don Rutledge for all the effort and time put into this marvelous historical writing. My experience in no way would match his yet I was a young high school brother caught by the Lord during these early years when many of these events were taking place. I could comment on many of the things that Don has written about that have occurred over the years but will not do so at this time. The one thought that is with me after spending several days reading through this is the short sentence from Paul in I Thessalonians 5:19.

“Quench not the Spirit.”

How much the fresh moving of God is hindered by man. As the Lord said…..”The Spirit blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it but cannot tell where it comes from or where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”(New King James)

Don has mentioned in other posts concerning the need for the headship of Christ in the local assembly. When the headship of Christ is no longer needed because it has been replaced by institutional practices and man’s organization the “blowing of the Spirit” becomes a thing of the past.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote