View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
countmeworthy

Default Re: Corporate Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB482 View Post
Oh you bring back a lot of memories,the saints were so dear! Mike and Debbie Nolly were so good,he always encouraged me. And Paul Seppo was a great guitar player and could always make you laugh with his stories, we had such good fellowship in the bros house when we were in ocean beach,singing songs and fellowshipping. Willie Samoff would always come over and see what we were up to.actually being with those young saints (I was only 22-23) at the time, informal fellowship was more enjoyable then going to meetings for me.
It's good to 'see' someone else from San Diego confirm what I have shared over the years about my experience in San Diego. When everyone has shared about quarantines, etc, I felt like a foreigner. We did not experience any of the negative experiences so many people had under W Lee! Most people here on the forum that were never in San Diego or visited the LC there had such terrible and sad experiences! We really did have a great church life for the most part especially compared to what most experienced here. I credit John Smith, Willie Samoff, Roger Beck and to a lesser extent Les Cites. I think Les was the more legalistic of the elders but I needed the discipline under his and Carolyn's leadership.

We had so many 'singings' in homes that were so much fun. Do you remember Mark Kapusta? He led me to the Lord and to the LC.

Mike and Debbie are still in the LC somewhere.

Perhaps we will have a heavenly reunion in the Holy City New Jerusalem!
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is online now   Reply With Quote