View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #91
Cal

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
When you say things like "stand up to the bullies" You make it known where your heart is at. It implies your focus is on people who are all made in the image of God (whether that be Lee, the Blendeds, Titus Chu, or whomever), rather than on the principalities in high places.
By the way, this is not necessarily true, and not true in my case, I don't believe. I'm the one who several pages back encouraged everyone to pray, reminding us that our battle is not against flesh and blood. I know the difference.

The Lord and the apostles resisted evil, both the invisible and visible kind. They also ministered to victims. They did all three.

Three areas need to be addressed: Satanic forces need to be resisted by prayer, evildoers need to be exposed and rebuked, and the victims need to be helped and encouraged. Each of these areas are valid and each has a different approach. Let's not confuse them. But none are outside the purview of our commission as long as we are approaching things prayerfully and in the Spirit.

My sense is that something big is about to happen, and it is going to involve a lot of speaking out... for a change. Everyone has to do as they feel led. But I have witnessed enough silent appeasement posing as civility for one lifetime.

It's time for the worm to turn.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote