View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #625
Unregistered

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
I visited the homeless thing tonight. The brother and his wife hosted a movie "Ring the Bell" and about 20 people were there. Before the movie the brother preached a 3 minute homily and after the movie the sister preached a homily. Then they prayed with several of them. The grounds used to be an old prison so the movie was shown in what was going the prison chapel. There was no food, just snacks. There were areas on the ground where tents were set up. There was a mix of people at the movie. Mostly older, white and male. But there were blacks and females. Some looked intelligent others looked slow. These are not good building material according to religion, but I could imagine Jesus being there. The term "the least of these" comes to mind.
Sounds like a place Jesus could come too. "Wherever two or more are gathered in My name, there I am in their midst." Sounds like that happened.

Peter and Andrew (commercial fisherman who didn't make it into schools), the woman at the well (divorced six times and living with another man), Mary the prostitute, Levi/Matthew the tax collector, Saul of Tarsus who persecuted the saints and dragged them and their families off to prison, John/Mark who quit on Paul... I could go on "not good material". Neither were we. But, Jesus has the power to forgive and transform. Praise Him!