View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 04:54 AM   #74
aron

Default Re: My Views and Stance on The Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
... the fact we have to worry about being isolated or labeled a "rebel" clearly indicates that something is wrong with the LC. I know that I have a lot of mixed feelings about it, but when I try to look at it objectively, it isn't so hard to realize that I need to leave.
The apostle John was apparently aware of this dynamic:

"Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue" 12:42

See also:

"His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders, who already had decided that anyone who acknowledged that Jesus was the Messiah would be put out of the synagogue." 9:22

People do have faith in their hearts, and aspirations to obey that faith, but because they fear adverse consequences they're prevented from acting.

The Local Churches of Lee, which made a big deal out of leaving the "sheep fold" and going into the open pasture, have constructed a pretty effective sheep pen themselves.