View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #30
Elden1971

Default Re: OUR SHARED HISTORY

February 6, 1974
Mr. Gordon A. Rainbow,
I write to thank you for your kind letter of appreciation of the Watchman Nee Story, 'Against the Tide'.
I am most interested in what you write of the parallels between the later practice in China and the Brethren practices.
  • I myself had observed a little of this, but you make the point much clearer.
  • What is disturbing is the fact that these methods are being applied in a strongly authoritarian way by Witness Lee in the expansion of the 'Little Flock' work in the West and this is already producing a great deal of sorrow.
  • I feel it is most valuable if any who understand this would share in prayer for the brothers involved, that we may not have a repetition of the same in fresh terms.
  • I have, as you will have gathered, great confidence that God is in control of the Church within China, and believe that Nee was perhaps a prophet for this day in his own country.
  • I have however grave doubts about the wisdom of carrying across to the West, with its so different history, the methods designed by God for this day in China.
  • Perhaps I am wrong, but I fear mere imitation. God will, I trust, work afresh in our countries through His Spirit with means of His own choosing.

I much appreciate your expression of fellowship in Christ at this time and thank you for writing so fully and so interestingly. Yours in His eternal bonds, Angus Kinnear.