View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #25
Koinonia

Default Re: What It's Really All About

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
What do you equate giving to God to, I mean financially?
"And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward" (Matthew 10:42).

"And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me'" (Matthew 25:40).

Quote:
You won't give to any organizations that use buildings that might need maintenance? Or that pay anyone?
I did not say that. But that should not be called "tithing."

Quote:
What's left to give to? Homeless street preachers? Or does an angel come and pick your check up, and take it to heaven?
Giving, like anything else in God's kingdom, should be a spiritual reality, not not an organizational practice, and not an obligation. If I choose to give a cash offering to someone in my community, or to a Christian worker in another area, or for a gospel campaign, etc., that is between me and God. But when pastors impose a false concept of "tithing" on members of their congregations, obligation to fork over 10% of their paychecks to them (their organization), that is a temple tax, and that has no New Testament basis.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote