View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 09:10 AM   #97
OBW

Default Re: 1,000 Years of Outer Darkness

The problem with understanding these parables, like understanding Revelation, is that that it is mostly pictures designed to portray a message, not details designed to support doctrine. It is designed to elicit a response, not an argument.

Is outer darkness with weeping and gnashing of teeth the point, or is the lack of following correctly? Keeping fresh with oil in your lamp v relying on what we got years prior. Being ready, not just getting an invitation. Are there really 4 horses? And on and on . . . .

I am not saying that outer darkness is something to ignore. But the point is not to understand what it actually is. The point is to not have to deal with it, whatever it is. Whether it is something permanent or temporary. Whether it is horrible so we weep and gnash teeth, or just weep and gnash because we miss out on something that we didn't have to miss.

And Revelation is not so much about detailing the end times as it is giving us some strong encouragement to be ready. Period. Now. Not just when we are older and more likely to die.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote