View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 06:45 PM   #19
byHismercy

Default Re: How is Christ building His Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by least View Post
"Do you have a particular commentary that you trust?" No. I don't.
And for me it's not about trust or not trust. I just read.
I was saved in a LC. All my learnings were in the LC system. I read WN, WL ... Read lots. Tried to get INTO all the mota spirituality and logics of explaining the bible and the peak ultimate consummate ONE this ONE that blah blah blah... I was all for 'the work of the ministry' ... Which of course now I say 'the ministry' is Christ's ministry, and it is real and needs no deputy authority. I can't point to a 'practical' way (tangible to our eyes) of how He is building the church. Jesus died and resurrected and the church is built. Jesus is Christ.

byHismercy, I enjoy your sharing on this forum. You outgrew the bad experience you had, and what you shared on Christ, the bible, have helped me.
Like another person on this forum, whatever I don't know I ask of God. If the father would reveal to me, then I get to know. If not, I'm at rest. I'm saved, in Christ. Praise our Lord Jesus Christ. He loves us.

And oh, pls google meaning of 'ye', 'thee', 'thou'.
Old English, used in the King James bible.
Thank you, Least. If I ever helped you, I am so glad. I am helped tremendously by the folks here on this forum. I see my portion is small, my contribution is small, but He authored faith in me and that was not for nothing.

I think I get it, now. Thee, thy, thou, thine are singular. Ye is plural. Lol, it is easier in old English.

Yes, He loves us. Because of our King, we all developed a distaste for any exaltation of any other. Because of His position. Jesus is Christ, Jesus is King, and His throne is the only valid authority for a Christian. His church will be built because He said so.
byHismercy is offline   Reply With Quote