Thread: Smoking Gun?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #90
Evangelical

Default Re: Smoking Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Evan, long before you heard of W. LEE, I studied both the scriptures, the church fathers, and the Reformers. THE FACTS you allude to are both sparse and scarce. Years ago I did myself no favor by spending hours and days researching this subject, and that's why I posted as I did.
It takes a whole 5 seconds to find that not only Mormons, but also Orthodox believe it, and therefore your use of the term "only aberrant cults like Mormons" is probably not appropriate. I asked you to check your facts not because I thought you were ignorant (we've discussed this topic before, a while ago, and you seemed knowledgeable) but because I know you are not typing from ignorance, but deliberately ignoring that Orthodox believe in deification in order to make the local churches and Witness Lee look worse.

But when examined Lee's teaching is no worse than the Orthodox teaching, as unlike the Mormons, Lee qualifies his statements by saying we do not become part of the God-head. Also the teaching is found in pentecostalism and word-faith teaching, in Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Paul and Jan Crouch, Fred Price, and Joyce Meyer.

So there are a whole lot of Christians believing it outside of the local churches.

Here is Benny Hinn saying "God came from heaven, became a man, made man into little gods", and "I am a God-man"

https://youtu.be/S_2A7gS5eUE

But I have yet to see you or anyone come out and say these American TV evangelists are cults?

Instead I expect a reply from you with some reference to one of the turmoils or rebellions which have nothing to do with the subject.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote