View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #141
awareness

Default Re: Poor poor Christianity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
1. The first post says that Christianity was invented because the apocalypse didn’t come as quickly as predicted.

2. In Post #4 Zeek defines Christianity for this thread as a human response to the cognitive dissonance that resulted when Jesus did not return in the first generation of believers.

3. In Post #6 Zeek, responding to your comment, says that IIPeter supports his theory of a human response rationalizing the fact that the Lord had not returned yet.

Then you quote Paul in Romans 16:5 about the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret, said this mystery wasn't revealed until the land was Hellenized, and then ask if Christianity was poor because it was Hellenized.

Therefore, based on the context I read your post to say that Paul was the one who brought in the human response with his "revelation of the mystery" which you refer to as "Hellenized".
I think you got points 1 thru 3 right. Now I understand how you misread my post ; that I said Paul started Christianity.

But I didn't say that. Neither did I say that the "mystery" was Hellenized. I think I made it clear enough that, the Christian era arose when the Holy Land was Hellenized ; during Hellenized times.

And then I ask if Christianity was poor because of it.