View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #602
OBW

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
That is the issue. Making things right in the Body.
Indy,

I continue to understand your thought here. And it does not address the Body, but instead a rather small collection of assemblies within a tremendously larger body of Christ. From this perspective, you would seem to be perpetually taking exception with the nature of a particular bushel of corn found in all the grain elevators in Wichita, KS put together. (I use Wichita because as I flew into that city several times many years ago, it had the appearance of being the grain elevator capital of the U.S. Might not be technically true, but there was one particular section that appeared to be a solid mile of collected storage elevators along a rail line.)

My point is that the Body of Christ is huge and diverse in both its doctrines and practices, as well as frailties. The LRC is but a minute part of that whole. You continually seek to have that small group mend its ways, but for what purpose? Do you really think that there is something so special about them that you cannot survive outside of their acceptance of you? If you do, then they are "the church" to which you are required to tell it and they have rejected you. The record in Matthew does not continue on to state that if the church does not hear you, or rejects your claim of wrong that you set up shop across the street from them and shout at them with a bullhorn. And if that is what has happened, then I cannot imagine that being back on the "inside" with them is actually a healthy place to be.

For the LRC to admit to the errors you raise is to undermine the claim of super-authority of Nee, Lee, and now the LSM cadre. It will undermine the claim of being under the unique speaking of God and with it the claim that so many special doctrines are actually in the scripture.

In short, even though I appreciate all the research you did into the various problems that exist within the system, it is probably time to (mostly) abandon them and seek to be established within a good Christian assembly. Almost any will do. I know that you are not just isolated as a Christian. But your constant desire to return to the LRC suggests that you are not really one with whoever it is you are meeting with. Your heart is elsewhere.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote