View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #39
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Great post. How could any group of people calling themselves "The Lord's Recovery" come to a standstill just because a mere man died....unless of course this person was considered something more than a mere man. This is just more proof that Witness Lee's words are to be considered on par with (at least) with the Word of God - Just as the age of the scripture writing apostles ended with the death of the scripture writing apostles, so the age of "the ministry" ended with the death of "the one minister with the one ministry for the age". Just listen to any major conference or semi-annual training message...all these guys do is go over 30-40 year-old outlines. It's really rather sad. May God have mercy.
For many of those in the LC who have been around for awhile, they had the opportunity to either see Lee speak in person or perhaps to meet him. So it is understandable that some of these people appreciate his ministry, since they were there as his ministry happening. For someone like me, however, W. Lee is just a name that I see on LSM books. I wasn't there when he was speaking Life-Study messages, or anything else. So even when people go over his messages again and again or read his footnotes over and over, I don't have the same connection to it as those who have been around while his ministry was happening. In fact, I think I have a rather large disconnect with his ministry.

At one point in time, I really felt that Lee's ministry meant something to me, however, I am beginning to see more and more that his ministry does not meet my needs. Since everyone around me was always so enthusiastic about everything LSM, I was under the impression that I needed to feel that way too. Eventually I convinced myself that Lee's ministry met all my needs. In reality, it was really just a conditioned response.

That is the problem with the younger generation in the LC, they appreciate Lee's ministry because they are made to feel that Lee's ministry is somehow applicable to them. It's a relatively common phenomena, as I have seen many who could care less about Lee's ministry, then they get pressured to attend the FTTA and eventually return as a WL/LSM activist.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote