View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 08:09 AM   #23
aron

Default Re: Where do you meet

I was recently reading where the scripture said, "Behold your king" (Zech 9:9; Matt 21:5). Yet the Jews cried, "We have no king but Caesar." I turned to my companion and said, "You know? I perceive two tragic errors, here. First is when the Jews rejected their King, and second is when the church rejected the Jews". And the second error was only slightly less catastrophic than the first.

Because Jesus the Nazarene was, and is, the King of Israel. If He wasn't the King of Israel, He would have denied Nathaniel, when Nathaniel declared it so (John 1:49). Or when asked if the kingdom was now being restored to Israel, Jesus replied that they wouldn't know the hour or day. (Acts 1:6,7). Notice that the question was not whether the kingdom would be restored but rather the timing. The restoration was a given.

Yet the church evidently forgot this, or was persuaded by God's enemy that it wasn't so. And what ensued? Chalcedon. Infighting and name-calling. Schism. Lost testimony.

It's reminiscent of the great Assyrian army smote at night by the angel of God, and the sun rose upon (185,000) dead. I was reading about the Chalcedon convention (451 CE), where the Egyptian, Syrian, Persian, Ethiopian, Indian, and Armenian church leaders all left fellowship, over obscure theological terminology, - "the nature of Christ" - and it was like watching a great army destroy itself.

Was this connected to the dismissal of the Jewish nation? I can't say, but I know what I felt. And one did follow the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sam14:15
Then panic struck the whole army - those in the camp and field, and those in the outposts and raiding parties - and the ground shook. It was a panic sent by God
Scripture said that those who cursed God's people would be cursed, and those who blessed them would be blessed. As the Christian writings began to take an increasingly adversarial tilt against the Jews, as an inferior people, greedy, stubborn and given up by God, with the blessings all transferred to the (gentile) Christians, consequently you see the Christian camp rent asunder of its own accord.

And for confirmation, when emissaries of the Chalcedonian Church (of the Jesuits) came back 12 centuries later, to the Non-Chalcedonians (of the Ethiopians), and convinced the some to go the RCC way, the "way of recovery" (ha-ha), a civil war ensued. One day after battle, a victorious Ethiopian general stood with his aide and surveyed the carnage, amid the bodies and smoke, and said that the victory wasn't over Islamists or heathen but over family, neighbors and kin. There were no victors.

http://home.iscte-iul.pt/~mjsr/html/...uits/index.htm