View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #83
awareness

Default Re: A ministry without defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
It would not be seemly for christians to be dragging one another through the proverbial mud, for all to see. And the Lord warned us not to judge one another, lest we ourselves fall under judgment. Surely if anyone has failed, I have also!

At the same time, if we (for instance) see a spirit of unrelieved mercantilism at work, combined with lording it over the saints and the elevation of the ministries of men, then it behooves us to sound a warning. I know that if I was dominated by such a spirit, hopefully someone would point it out before I arrived at the Judgment Seat, and gave me an opportunity to reconsider my ways.

And it's probably better, and less potentially harmful to one and all, to say, "We see the pattern of a spirit at work here", with as few sordid details as possible. Correction is the key, not ruin; enough have been stumbled already. Remember that when weaker ones see the failures of the stronger ones, they get discouraged, confused, and they often give up. I don't want to be responsible for the discouragement of the 'young sprouts'. They have a potentially long journey ahead of them. Best not to make it longer.
Yes bro Aron, we're all human ... if we could just be honest about it, and not pretend otherwise.

Lee made claims. He wasn't just human, like the rest of us. He claimed to be God's oracle, apostle, and minister of the age, on the earth. These were highfalutin claims, making him something more special than just being human.

The question is, are what Lee claimed true, or not the real Lee.

And we're after the real Lee. Not the advertisement.

Since leaving the local church I've felt I followed the Spirit out. There were to me obvious problems. And then there was a sense in my spirit that there was much more wrong than met the eye. I had not any facts, just a sense in my spirit.

But since then what I sensed in my spirit has been confirmed time and time again, as the facts of what I sensed in my spirit have come out in the open.

And that's all we want. We want it all out in the light of day.