View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #6

Default Re: Have the BBs been faithful to the entire ministry of WL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
Most who have ever been in the LRC have been lied to.
  • If you heard the excommunication of Max R
  • If you were around when The Fermentation . . . was written
  • If you heard the sales pitch for Daystar
  • If you were told that the sins of PL, if any, are a private matter and not important to you or to any local church
  • If you were lead to believe that there is such a thing as the "Minister of the Age" or a singular "Oracle of God" in this age
But I do agree that it is better that people speak concerning what they know rather than just what they hear from others.

But once the facts are out on the table, why is the jury limited to the abused rather than any participant? In other words, isn't the discussion of the issue better with much consideration rather than just those who are the "injured." Would justice be served better by having only aggrieved persons prosecute, determine guilt, and mete out punishment? Might be a lot of hangings for minor offenses.

And one more consideration: Are we discussing things in terms of Lee's ministry to demonstrate their duplicity and hypocrisy? Otherwise, it is a little like judging a pirate based on the code of ethics of pirates (or a mafia boss/syndicate based on the way another such mafia boss/syndicate acts).

Ultimately we need to judge Lee's teachings in terms of scripture and sound teaching.
The issue is this, if I deal with my sin I should limit the scope to those whom I have sinned. So if you were lied to then that would include you. But, if they never sinned against you personally it would be inappropriate for them to deal with their sin with you personally. So unless you can testify that you were wronged you cannot testify that they didn't deal with the sin.

I am not interested in the sins. I am focused exclusively on how these sins that you have already documented were dealt with.

WL's ministry never says that servants of the Lord are not sinners. What he does teach is how to deal with the sins that you have committed. The BBs condemned TC for not following WL's ministry and said that they themselves were seeking to be faithful to the entire ministry of WL. This is the proof, one way or the other. The document warning about TC was a solemn oath. If they did not deal with their sins according to the way prescribed in The Experience of Life, then they are liars. And, they are using their lies to damage other saints.