View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 12:28 PM   #23
Barnabas

Default Re: Pulled in Two Directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlelight View Post
DISCLAIMER: This is only my subjective experience. I know "the heart is deceitful above all things" (Jer. 17:9), so I may have gotten it all wrong. I don`t claim I see, and that others are blind. I am just a seeker of the Lord, and want to pursue the Lord in all stages of the song of songs. I have no idea how this can be, but I just try to have simple conversations with Him throughout the day and let Him be my Lord and guide, to guide me into all truth or reality, like He promised (John 16:13).
Dear Brother, I am very touched by all that you said. My heart echoes you. My experience is much like you except I am sure that I need not choose to leave or stay. I still gather with the saints that call themselves a local church. My heart is sad when some talk about “us” and citizens poor Christianity, not realizing we are part of what we condemn, perhaps worse. My realization is that I am a member of the Body of Christ, which includes all of the redeemed, not just our group. Today I spoke to a new sister who had questions about our group. Some of her friends felt uncomfortable and went back to their church. I assured her that each of us must be faithful to follow the Lord’s leading and be at peace with all Believers.

Concerning Song of Songs, I am sure that Hudson Taylor wrote a commentary on it and I enjoy reading Matthew Henry’s commentary on the Books of Moses. You can go to Biblehub.com to read online.
Barnabas is offline   Reply With Quote