View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #138
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Something for "The Co-Workers in The Lord's Recovery" to Pray-Read!

Beginning in 1939, I listened to the preaching of Brother Nee quite often. For a period of time I attended the Wednesday evening Youth Meetings led by him. In 1948, as a young brother devoted and yearning for the Lord, a Local Church leader recommended that I attend the coworkers’ training at the Christian Family of Ministers at Guling Mountain.

The lust for power was probably the major issue in his spiritual life. For a long period of time, many brothers and sisters worshiped, even deified him. The outcome of his influence misled us toward his own conclusion that “he was the leading spiritual authority.”

As far as I can recall, from the time I knew Brother Nee until his arrest, I never saw him attend the Lord’s Table. That was certainly true in 1948, when I stayed in the Guling Training program for several months. All the sermons were given by Brother Nee, yet I never saw him attending the Lord’s Table. The Lord’s Table at Guling was led by Brother Yan Jiale. It strongly suggested a distance and a hindrance of communication between Brother Nee and the Lord for years.
(I believe this was due to his secret sin and guilt.)

Joshua Yu
Minister & Author of The Cross and Suffering
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote